Exploitation of modern biotechnology tools for maximizing agricultural productivity,
for improving the socio-economic status of farmers, tribals and weaker sections
of society in Madhya Pradesh.
- Development of human resources in the field of biotechnology
- Conduct of research in the areas of animal and agriculture biotechnology
- Creation of public awareness regarding biotechnological innovations through extension
- Human resource development in biotechnology
- Characterization and conservation of plant bio-diversity using reproductive and
- Development of transgenic plants for resistance to biotic and abiotic stress and
- Micro-propagation and transformation of high value medicinal and horticultural crops
- Fermentation technology for the production of microbial single cell protein, essential
amino acids, industrial enzymes and pigments.