Scientists of the Department over the years have been awarded at National &
International level for their achievements in Research, Teaching and Extension works.
- Best Centre Performance Award 2006 - Chickpea team of JNKVV (2006)
- Millennium ICRISAT Science Award -2008 -as Outstanding Partnership- Partner Institution
in Chickpea research towards adoption of improved Chickpea cultivars in Southern
India, Myanmar and Ethiopia (2008)
- Dr. S. K. Rao, awarded “Rafi Ahmad Kidwai Award” on 16th July, 2009 for significant
contribution in crop improvement and seed production systems. (2009)
- Bharat Ratna Dr CV Subramanian Award for Outstanding Teacher for the Biennium 2007-08
was conferred on Dr. D. Khare,
- Professor, 2010.Prof.V.K.Gour, Conferred “Best Science Research Publication Award
2009-2010” by “M.P. Council of Science and Technology,Bhopal”
- The Outstanding Team Research Award of ICAR for the Biennium 2007-2008 was conferred
on the excellent research work done in the crop improvement of soybean award was
received by the scientists JNKVV comprising of Dr.A. N. Shrivastava, Dr.S. K. Rao
Dr. S. Rao, Dr. R. K. Varma, Dr. M. S.Bhale, Dr. D. Khare, Dr. M. K. Shrivastava
and Dr. B. D. Ghode in 2010.
- Department has been engaged in the Seed Production of Rice, Wheat, Soybean and Chickpea.