To strengthen education, research and extension in the field of horticulture.
- Development of human resources in the field of biotechnology
- Conduct of research in the areas of animal and agriculture biotechnology
- Creation of public awareness regarding biotechnological innovations through extension
- Developed suitable varieties for early maturating and high yielding having resistant
to major disease and pest.
- Varietal evaluation traits.
- Evolving suitable agro techniques particularly those related to agronomical practices
for different vegetables, chemical weed control and chemical control of major disease/pest
- Maintenance of nucleus seed and production of breeder seed of different vegetables.
- To develop suitable agro techniques for sustainable production of horticultural