Research Activities: On-going projects, completed projects, achievements
The Department of Extension Education, JNKVV being the Lead Centre organized the
ICAR Project on National Agricultural Innovation Project (NAIP) Component –
III on “Integrated Farming System Modules to Ensure Sustainable Livelihood
Security for the Peasants of Disadvantaged Districts of Madhya Pradesh”
from October2008-March 2012.
- Identify and Demonstrate suitable agro technologies and promote crop diversification.
- Demonstrate Integrated Farming System Approach, which can be incorporated in existing
resource base to improve livelihood of rural poor.
- Enhance carrying capacity of land and other natural resources.
- Employment generation and income enhancement through agro-processing, value addition
and linkage to credit institution and markets.
Major Interventions of the Project
- Agriculture intensification through dissemination of improved crop production technology
with reference to crops grown in the cluster.
- Land and water management.
- Agricultural and allied enterprises development and value addition.
- NTFP collection processing and marketing.
- Livestock based enterprises.
- Marketing infrastructure development and networking.
- Mechanization of cultivation practices.
- Demonstration of lac cultivation with 208 farmers and on 13,000 host trees. Yield:
- 2-3 Kg. brood per plant & Rs. 3000-3500 earned by per farmer
- By promotion of soybean variety JS 93-05, JS 97-52 & JS-335 yield increased
by 25% (baseline yield: 8-10 q/ha)
- Introduced new varieties of wheat GW 322, MP 3173 & HI 1418 yield increased
by 35% (Baseline Yield 12-13 q/ha)
- To Promote the Vegetable gardening with 250 farmers got additional Gross income
(Rs.7, 500) their limited resources.
- A. Dairy Breed Improvement: (Artificial Insemination): 605 Animals
Results -130 cross breed calves (83 female, 47 male) have been born
- Poultry (Backyard) : 51 farmers adopted new breed Kadaknath for meat and egg purpose
with replacing local birds. Increased Average Income Rs. 2296 per farmer
- Eight (8) stop dams have been completed through which approximately 200 ha. Area
will be irrigated and 210 farm families will be benefited. In increased yield 4-5
Q/ha and enhance the ground water and recharging of the open wells and tube wells
3140 Cubic Meters field bunding
- Market Linkage of Farmers: 550 farmers linked with Farmer Producer Company (FPC)
each farmer benefited with Rs. 3000-3500 per year through dividends and doing several
agribusiness with the company viz. receiving agro-inputs, collective sale of produce.
Front Line Demonstration: 150
Linkage:Established strong Linkages between various developmental departments andother production functionaries