- To identify the gaps in the principle and practices for water management, farm machinery
utilization, post harvest technology and food processing and suitable agricultural
structure with safe environment and to minimize them through proper extension services
and agro-advisory services.
- To study the present status of the contribution of agricultural engineering in state
and to seek suitable solutions to problem if any through collaboration with the
state and central institutions.
- Participation in Kisan Mela and Kisan Sangosthi
- Lecture in Farmers Training.
- Demonstration and Mechanization in Farmers Fields.
- Establishment Rice Mills and Processing Equipments.
- Popularization of efficient energy devices.
- Manufacturing and supply of small equipments to farmers.
- Adaptive trials on water conservation, efficient modern irrigation equipments and
improving water productivity in canal command area.
- Training to members of Water User Association (WUA).
- Popularization of ground water recharge in critical areas.
- Surveys, diagnosis and rectification of pumps and water lifts.
- Training of the officials of Department of Agricultural, Horticulture and Water
- Akaswani Varta and Television programe.
The faculty is playing a leading role in transfer of technology by providing new
directions to the extension education in Central India for dissemination of research
findings through the Directorate of Extension, which conducts variety of programmes
- On campus and off campus training
- Demonstration and on-farm trials
- Mass communication through newspapers, periodicals, radio & T.V.
- Organization of farmers fairs and fields days
- Institutional Village Linkage Programme
- Agricultural Technology Information Centre (ATIC)
- Devising cost effective methods of resource conservation and reclamation.
- Enhancing fertilizer, water and other input use efficiency through monetary and
non- monetary measures.
- Multiple uses of water to enhance productivity and livelihood.
- On-farm water management to enhance water-use efficiency.
- Standardization of micro-irrigation and fertigation systems.
- Development of cost-effective drainage technology including bio-drainage for saline
and waterlogged lands.
- Utilization of poor and marginal quality waters for agriculture.
- Agro-eco-zone specific diversification of agriculture.
- Monitoring of climate change and adaptation to mitigate its adverse effects on agricultural
- Development of mechanization systems for dry land agriculture, hill agriculture,
horticulture, livestock and fisheries.
- Development of precision mechanization systems and strategies for carrying out timely
and efficient agricultural operations.
- Minimization of occupational hazards and maximization of work efficiency in agricultural
- Development of implements and machines suited to women farm workers.
- Energy management, processing of bio fuels and utilization of non-conventional energy
sources in agricultural production and processing activities.
- Reduction of post harvest losses, value addition of agricultural produces and utilization
of agricultural residues and processing by products.