About the College
The College of Agricultural Engineering was established in the year 1966 under the
Faculty of Agricultural Engineering, Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwa Vidyalaya, Jabalpur
(M.P.). The campus is situated at JNKVV headquarters Adhartal, Jabalpur on the National
Highway-7. It is situated in agro climatic zone IV known as Kymore Plateau and Satpura
- To impart education and entrepreneurship skills in engineering; design, development,
manufacturing and operation of equipment and technologies of farm operations for
crop production, sustainable utilization and management of land and water resources,
processing and value addition and efficient use of agricultural inputs and natural
resources including different forms of energy in agriculture.
- To conduct research on development of machines/technologies with an aim to mechanize
various farm operations as well as post product-processing operations.
- To contribute towards betterment of agriculture in the state in respect of soil
conservation, water resource management, post harvest and process technology, farm
machinery, agro meteorology, optimisation of energy use and agriculture structures
through human resource development, need based research and technology transfer.
- To identify the gaps in soil and water management, farm machinery requirement and
utilization, post harvest technology, food processing and value addition and suitable
structure and safe environment through proper extension services, agro-advisory
services and medium range weather forecasting.
- To study the present status of the contribution of agriculture engineering in state
agriculture and to seek suitable solution to problems if any through collaboration
with the state and central institutions.