About KVK- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Betul was established in April 2002. The KVK is working to bridge the gap between production and productivity and to increase self employment opportunities among the farming communities. The training offered here follow the principals of “learning by doing” .It offers skill and knowledge oriented trainings in multi-disciplinary areas like crop production and plant protection, horticulture, animal science and fisheries, Home science and agriculture extension. The KVK is the light house of knowledge to the farming community of the district.
1. Conducting "On Farm Testing" for identifying technology in terms of location specific sustainable land use.
2. Organize training to update the extension personal with emerging advances in agriculture research on regular basis.
3. Organize short and long term vocational training courses and allied vacation for the farmer and rural youth with emphasis on "Learning by Doing" for higher productions on farm and generating self employment.
4. Organise "Front Line Demonstration" on various crops to generate production data and feedback information.
Specific objectives of KVK
1. To Promptly demonstrate the latest agricultural technology to the farmers as well as extension workers of state department of agricultureHorticultureFisheriesAnimal ScienceNon Government organization with a view to reduce the time lag between the technology generation and its operation.
2. To test and verify the technologi