Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Chhindwara was established on 27.04.84 under the auspices of Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi VishwaVidyalaya, Jabalpur. The core principle of the center is that the coordination between farmers, agricultural women, rural youth, extension workers and scientists should be established in such a way that the spread of technology can lead to rejuvenation and mutual trust in the transformation and adoption.
The scientists of the center establish cordial contact with the farmers so that the farmers can get the proper solution of their problems.
KVK takes care of farming community with addition of technical knowledge and work efficiency by adopting the principle of learning by doing. Programs for farmers, landless agricultural laborers and women in line with the area are prepared which can increase their income and raise their standard of living.
Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi has prescribed mandates for successful and effective operation of agricultural science centers, which is as follows:
1. On Farm Testing of recommended research techniques on farmers farms and improving the situation.
2. Demonstrating new agricultural techniques of oilseeds, pulses and other crops on the farmers’ fields.
3. To conduct inter-session training for extension workers of various departments.
4. To impart ON and OFF campus training to rural youth, farmers farm woman on improved technology of agriculture.
5. Knowledge resource centre for all agricultural activities.